Laman perhubungan anda dengan komuniti Wiktionary!
"Perintis Kegemilangan Wiktionary Bahasa Melayu!"
Laman ini adalah kemudahan kepada pengguna-pengguna Wiktionary untuk berbincang mengenai perkara di Kamus Wiki ini. Walau bagaimanapun:
Untuk memudahkan pembacaan soalan bagi mengemukakan jawapan, tolong:
- 1 Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?
- 2 Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014
- 4 Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments
- 6 Changes to the default site typography coming soon
- 7 Pronunciation Recording
- 8 Sorotan Wikimedia, Mac 2014
- 9 Using only UploadWizard for uploads
- 10 Media Viewer
- 11 Media Viewer is now live on this wiki
Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[sunting]
I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.
The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.
Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).
However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.
We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.
All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.
You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.
Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[sunting]
On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.
We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.
Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[sunting]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make Wiktionary better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.
Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:
- Organizing social media for Chinese Wikipedia ($350 for materials)
- Improving gadgets for Visual Editor ($4500 for developers)
- Coordinating access to reliable sources for Wikipedians ($7500 for project management, consultants and materials)
- Building community and strategy for Wikisource (€10000 for organizing and travel)
Hope to have your participation,
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 19:44, 28 Februari 2014 (UTC)
Changes to the default site typography coming soon[sunting]
This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:
- April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
- April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live
This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.
For more information:
- sérif: (rupa taip) unjuran kecil yg menjulur drpd hujung coret sesuatu huruf sama ada di bawah atau di atas.
- sansérif: (rupa taip) bentuk huruf yg tidak mempunyai serif. ...Aurora... (bincang) 05:24, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Dear Wiktionary community!
- About me
- My name is Rainer Rillke, and I have been volunteering at Wikimedia Commons for 3 years now, gathering experience around media files. I've been always interested in how things work and how one could improve them.
- The idea
- One idea that appeared last Summer was allowing the recording of small chunks of speech, uploading that to Wikimedia Commons in the background and including this into a Wiktionary entry without having the hassle doing everything by hand or installing additional software. That idea led to the foundation of MediaWiki extension PronunciationRecording during the Google Summer of Code. However, this was not completed; instead development is stale for over 5 months now.
- My proposal
- To make this going to work, so Wiktionary has an immediate benefit of this feature, I would like to provide the work done so far as a gadget and add some more work in regard to usability. You can see my plan at m:Grants:IEG/Finish Pronunciation Recording. And more importantly, you can give me a hand, if you are interested by writing your comments.
Sorotan Wikimedia, Mac 2014[sunting]
- Sorotan Yayasan Wikimedia
- Data dan Trend-trend
- Sorotan-sorotan lain daripada gerakan Wikimedia
Using only UploadWizard for uploads[sunting]
Hello! It was noted that on this wiki you have less than 10 local files. Presumably, you therefore don't have interest nor energies to have hundreds templates with the now required HTML, even less a local EDP. However, this means that users here will experience a mostly broken and/or illegal uploading. I propose to
- have local upload restricted to the "Pentadbir" group (for emergency uploads) and
- the sidebar point to commons:Special:UploadWizard,
so that you can avoid local maintenance and all users can have a functioning, easy upload interface in their own language. All registered users can upload on Commons and existing files will not be affected.
I'll get this done in one week from now.
- If you disagree with the proposal, just remove your wiki from the list.
- To make the UploadWizard even better, please tell your experience and ideas on commons:Commons:Upload Wizard feedback.
Nemo 20:38, 19 Mei 2014 (UTC)
- Ini selaras dengan Wiktionary:Polisi penggunaan imej. ...Aurora... (bincang) 07:33, 4 Jun 2014 (UTC)
Greetings, my apologies for writing in English.
I wanted to let you know that Media Viewer will be released to this wiki in the coming weeks. Media Viewer allows readers of Wikimedia projects to have an enhanced view of files without having to visit the file page, but with more detail than a thumbnail. You can try Media Viewer out now by turning it on in your Beta Features. If you do not enjoy Media Viewer or if it interferes with your work after it is turned on you will be able to disable Media Viewer as well in your preferences. I invite you to share what you think about Media Viewer and how it can be made better in the future.
Thank you for your time. - Keegan (WMF) 21:29, 23 Mei 2014 (UTC)
Media Viewer is now live on this wiki[sunting]
Greetings— and sorry for writing in English, please translate if it will help your community,
Media Viewer displays images in larger size when you click on their thumbnails, to provide a better viewing experience. Users can now view images faster and more clearly, without having to jump to separate pages — and its user interface is more intuitive, offering easy access to full-resolution images and information, with links to the file repository for editing. The tool has been tested extensively across all Wikimedia wikis over the past six months as a Beta Feature and has been released to the largest Wikipedias, all language Wikisources, and the English Wikivoyage already.
If you do not like this feature, you can easily turn it off by clicking on "Disable Media Viewer" at the bottom of the screen, pulling up the information panel (or in your your preferences) whether you have an account or not. Learn more in this Media Viewer Help page.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about Media Viewer. You are invited to share your feedback in this discussion on MediaWiki.org in any language, to help improve this feature. You are also welcome to take this quick survey in English, en français, o español.