Wiktionary:Kedai Kopi/Arkib 2013
- 1 Be a Wikimedia fundraising "User Experience" volunteer!
- 2 Perubahan Laman Utama
- 3 Wikimedia sites to move to primary data center in Ashburn, Virginia. Read-only mode expected.
- 4 Help turn ideas into grants in the new IdeaLab
- 5 Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful
- 6 Proposal of a pronunciation recording tool
- 7 Request for comment on inactive administrators
- 8 [en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming
- 9 [en] Change to section edit links
- 10 Gerbang Kata DBP
- 11 Tech newsletter: Subscribe to receive the next editions
- 12 Tumpuan Utama Wikimedia, April 2013
- 13 Trademark discussion
- 14 X!'s Edit Counter
- 15 Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09
- 16 Modul
- 17 Pywikipedia is migrating to git
- 18 HTTPS for users with an account
- 19 Request for consultation on community logo
- 20 Notifications
- 21 Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.
- 22 Introducting Beta Features
- 23 Call for comments on draft trademark policy
Be a Wikimedia fundraising "User Experience" volunteer![sunting]
Thank you to everyone who volunteered last year on the Wikimedia fundraising 'User Experience' project. We have talked to many different people in different countries and their feedback has helped us immensely in restructuring our pages. If you haven't heard of it yet, the 'User Experience' project has the goal of understanding the donation experience in different countries (outside the USA) and enhancing the localization of our donation pages.
I am (still) searching for volunteers to spend some time on a Skype chat with me, reviewing their own country's donation pages. It will be done on a 'usability' format (I will ask you to read the text and go through the donation flow) and will be asking your feedback in the meanwhile.
The only pre-requisite is for the volunteer to actually live in the country and to have access to at least one donation method that we offer for that country (mainly credit/debit card, but also real time banking like IDEAL, E-wallets, etc...) so we can do a live test and see if the donation goes through. **All volunteers will be reimbursed of the donations that eventually succeed (and they will be very low amounts, like 1-2 dollars)**
By helping us you are actually helping thousands of people to support our mission of free knowledge across the world. If you are interested (or know of anyone who could be) please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All countries needed (excepting USA)!!
Global Fundraising Operations Manager, Wikimedia Foundation
- Sent using Global message delivery, 21:08, 8 Januari 2013 (UTC)
Perubahan Laman Utama[sunting]
Memandangkan disokong sebulat suara dalam dalam perbincangan lepas, saya telah tukarkan wajah Laman Utama. Bagaimanapun, saya kini berubah fikiran kerana dua sebab:
- Format tiga lajur LU dan Tajuk sangat buruk bila menggunakan monitor komputer dengan peleraian rendah.
- Paparan mudah alih langsung hancur dan tak dapat digunakan. Nampaknya kod terlalu kompleks.
- Salam. Tidak saya jangka bahawa cadangan penukaran wajah laman utama yang saya kemukan mendapat sokongan. Berdasarkan pendapat yang saudara berikan, saya juga sokong jika wajah laman utama itu ditukar kerana saya mengakui bahawa kod yang digunakan memang sukar untuk difahami oleh saya sendiri. - 26 Ramadan (bincang) 11:01, 30 Januari 2013 (UTC)
Wikimedia sites to move to primary data center in Ashburn, Virginia. Read-only mode expected.[sunting]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language.) Next week, the Wikimedia Foundation will transition its main technical operations to a new data center in Ashburn, Virginia, USA. This is intended to improve the technical performance and reliability of all Wikimedia sites, including this wiki. There will be some times when the site will be in read-only mode, and there may be full outages; the current target windows for the migration are January 22nd, 23rd and 24th, 2013, from 17:00 to 01:00 UTC (see other timezones on timeanddate.com). More information is available in the full announcement.
If you would like to stay informed of future technical upgrades, consider becoming a Tech ambassador and joining the ambassadors mailing list. You will be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.
Thank you for your help and your understanding.
Help turn ideas into grants in the new IdeaLab[sunting]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
- Do you have an idea for a project to improve this community or website?
- Do you think you could complete your idea if only you had some funding?
- Do you want to help other people turn their ideas into project plans or grant proposals?
Please join us in the IdeaLab, an incubator for project ideas and Individual Engagement Grant proposals.
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking new ideas and proposals for Individual Engagement Grants. These grants fund individuals or small groups to complete projects that help improve this community. If interested, please submit a completed proposal by February 15, 2013. Please visit https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG for more information.
Thanks! --Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 20:41, 30 Januari 2013 (UTC)
Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful[sunting]
(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians)
Greetings. As you might have seen on the Wikimedia tech blog or the tech ambassadors list, a new functionality called "Lua" is being enabled on all Wikimedia sites today. Lua is a scripting language that enables you to write faster and more powerful MediaWiki templates.
If you have questions about how to convert existing templates to Lua (or how to create new ones), we'll be holding two support sessions on IRC next week: one on Wednesday (for Oceania, Asia & America) and one on Friday (for Europe, Africa & America); see m:IRC office hours for the details. If you can't make it, you can also get help at mw:Talk:Lua scripting.
If you'd like to learn about this kind of events earlier in advance, consider becoming a Tech ambassador by subscribing to the mailing list. You will also be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.
Proposal of a pronunciation recording tool[sunting]
Hello, Rahul21, a developer, offers to develop a pronunciation recording tool for Wiktionary, helped by Michael Dale as part of GSoC. The tool would allow to record and add audio pronunciations to Wiktionary entries while browsing them (see background discussion on Wiktionary-l). Please read and comment the proposal! Regards, Nemo 22:41, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians. Please also consider translating the proposal.)
Read this message in English / Lleer esti mensaxe n'asturianu / বাংলায় এই বার্তাটি পড়ুন / Llegiu aquest missatge en català / Læs denne besked på dansk / Lies diese Nachricht auf Deutsch / Leś cal mesag' chè in Emiliàn / Leer este mensaje en español / Lue tämä viesti suomeksi / Lire ce message en français / Ler esta mensaxe en galego / हिन्दी / Pročitajte ovu poruku na hrvatskom / Baca pesan ini dalam Bahasa Indonesia / Leggi questo messaggio in italiano / ಈ ಸಂದೇಶವನ್ನು ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಿ / Aqra dan il-messaġġ bil-Malti / norsk (bokmål) / Lees dit bericht in het Nederlands / Przeczytaj tę wiadomość po polsku / Citiți acest mesaj în română / Прочитать это сообщение на русском / Farriintaan ku aqri Af-Soomaali / Pročitaj ovu poruku na srpskom (Прочитај ову поруку на српском) / อ่านข้อความนี้ในภาษาไทย / Прочитати це повідомлення українською мовою / Đọc thông báo bằng tiếng Việt / 使用中文阅读本信息。
There is a new request for comment on Meta-Wiki concerning the removal of administrative rights from long-term inactive Wikimedians. Generally, this proposal from stewards would apply to wikis without an administrators' review process.
We are also compiling a list of projects with procedures for removing inactive administrators on the talk page of the request for comment. Feel free to add your project(s) to the list if you have a policy on administrator inactivity.
All input is appreciated. The discussion may close as soon as 21 May 2013 (2013-05-21), but this will be extended if needed.
- Usul ini akan memberi kesan kepada KamusWiki. Sesiapa yg ingin memberi komen/undi, anda ada masa sehingga 21 Mei. ...Aurora... (bincang) 02:47, 8 Mei 2013 (UTC)
[en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming[sunting]
Some accounts will soon be renamed due to a technical change that the developer team at Wikimedia are making. More details on Meta.
- Secara ringkasnya, mulai 27 Mei nanti ada akaun yg terpaksa tukar nama sebab sama dengan nama akaun di projek lain. ...Aurora... (bincang) 02:49, 8 Mei 2013 (UTC)
The default position of the "edit" link in page section headers is going to change soon. The "edit" link will be positioned adjacent to the page header text rather than floating opposite it.
Section edit links will be to the immediate right of section titles, instead of on the far right. If you're an editor of one of the wikis which already implemented this change, nothing will substantially change for you; however, scripts and gadgets depending on the previous implementation of section edit links will have to be adjusted to continue working; however, nothing else should break even if they are not updated in time.
Detailed information and a timeline is available on meta.
Ideas to do this all the way to 2009 at least. It is often difficult to track which of several potential section edit links on the far right is associated with the correct section, and many readers and anonymous or new editors may even be failing to notice section edit links at all, since they read section titles, which are far away from the links.
Gerbang Kata DBP[sunting]
Nampaknya DBP ada portal baharu: Gerbang Kata Tujuannya memperkaya kosa kata BM. Jadi seseiapa yg ada saranan dan idea terhadap lema kamus terbitan DBP, anda dialu2kan menyertainya. ...Aurora... (bincang) 02:55, 8 Mei 2013 (UTC)
Tumpuan Utama Wikimedia, April 2013[sunting]
- Tumpuan utama Yayasan Wikimedia
- Sistem pembeeritahuan baru dilancarkan di Wikipedia Bahasa Inggeris
- Kandungan Wikidata kini boleh digunakan pada semua Wikipedia
- Wikimedia Commons mengumumkan aplikasi untuk IOS dan Android
- Jawatankuasa Penghebahan Dana (FDC) menerbitkan cadangan-cadangannya untuk $1.2 juta
- Garis panduan konflik kepentingan baru
- Data dan Trend
- Sorotan pergerakan lain
Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)
Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09[sunting]
Sekarang ini banyak templat yg boleh dikatakan 'hancur', terutamanya yg berkaitan dengan etimologi, sebutan dan terjemahan lema. Oleh itu, saya ingin gunakan modul Lua bagi memperbaiki templat2 ini. Ujian awal sudah saya jalankan dengan Templat:rhymes. Bagaimana pendapat rakan2? ...Aurora... (bincang) 05:16, 18 Julai 2013 (UTC)
- Aurora, boleh buat templat yang ringkas. Saya rasa tidak payah terlalu mengikut templat daripada wiktionary yang lain. Templat terjemahan misalnya terlalu kompleks pada saya. Kalau boleh biar ia interaktif iaitu pengguna sendiri boleh menambah pada laman tanpa mengklik sunting. --Kamalzack (bincang) 01:46, 19 Julai 2013 (UTC)
Pywikipedia is migrating to git[sunting]
Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). 13:33, 23 Julai 2013 (UTC)
HTTPS for users with an account[sunting]
Greetings. Starting on August 21 (tomorrow), all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. More information is available at m:HTTPS.
If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on bugzilla, on IRC (in the
#wikimedia-operations channel) or on meta. If you can't use the other methods, you can also send an e-mail to
(This message is in English, please translate as needed)
Notifications will inform users about new activity that affects them on this wiki in a unified way: for example, this new tool will let you know when you have new talk page messages, edit reverts, mentions or links -- and is designed to augment (rather than replace) the watchlist. The Wikimedia Foundation's editor engagement team developed this tool (code-named 'Echo') earlier this year, to help users contribute more productively to MediaWiki projects.
We're now getting ready to bring Notifications to almost all other Wikimedia sites, and are aiming for a 22 October deployment, as outlined in this release plan. It is important that notifications is translated for all of the languages we serve.
There are three major points of translation needed to be either done or checked:
- Echo on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Thanks on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Notifications help on mediawiki.org. This page can be hosted after translation on mediawiki.org or we can localize it to this Wikipedia. You do not have to have an account to translate on mediawiki, but single-user login will create it for you there if you follow the link.
Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this new tool. For more information, visit this project hub and this help page. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 18:59, 4 Oktober 2013 (UTC)
Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.[sunting]
Introducting Beta Features[sunting]
(Apologies for writing in English. Please translate if necessary)
We would like to let you know about Beta Features, a new program from the Wikimedia Foundation that lets you try out new features before they are released for everyone.
Think of it as a digital laboratory where community members can preview upcoming software and give feedback to help improve them. This special preference page lets designers and engineers experiment with new features on a broad scale, but in a way that's not disruptive.
Beta Features is now ready for testing on MediaWiki.org. It will also be released on Wikimedia Commons and MetaWiki this Thursday, 7 November. Based on test results, the plan is to release it on all wikis worldwide on 21 November, 2013.
Here are the first features you can test this week:
- Media Viewer — view images in large size or full screen
- VisualEditor Formulæ (for wikis with VisualEditor) — edit algebra or equations on your pages
- Typography Refresh — make text more readable (coming Thursday)
Would you like to try out Beta Features now? After you log in on MediaWiki.org, a small 'Beta' link will appear next to your 'Preferences'. Click on it to see features you can test, check the ones you want, then click 'Save'. Learn more on the Beta Features page.
After you've tested Beta Features, please let the developers know what you think on this discussion page -- or report any bugs here on Bugzilla. You're also welcome to join this IRC office hours chat on Friday, 8 November at 18:30 UTC.
Beta Features was developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Design, Multimedia and VisualEditor teams. Along with other developers, they will be adding new features to this experimental program every few weeks. They are very grateful to all the community members who helped create this project — and look forward to many more productive collaborations in the future.